Like most writers, I love to read. I will read almost anything and am constantly on the lookout for good recommendations. I thought, why not add some to this blog?
I thought I should come up with some ground rules.
- I’m not into throwing shade anywhere, so if I do not finish or really hated a book, I will not dedicate an entire review to it. The internet is already replete with acerbic wit. I say bring kindness
- I am not currently a member of any affiliate programs, but that might change. As of now, I review only books I have bought myself or requested from the library.
- Please try to buy books from your local independent bookstores or book resale sites. I use Biblio and Thriftbooks a lot, particularly for kids’ books.
- I should probably have some sort of trendy rating system, right? It’s my blog, my rules, and I think Jane Austen can be applied pretty much to anything in literature.
- Ratings from 1-5 Austens, 1 being the lowest and 5 being the highest
- If you disagree with me or have any concerns about what I’ve written, talk to me about it! We all learn things when we come at them with an open mind and the desire for friendly conversation.
Sooooooo, here we go!