It’s been a hot minute since I’ve blogged.
I don’t know about you, but the last two years have just felt like one very long dumpster fire. One way I managed to keep my head above water last January was to look back at 2020 and write down the things for which I was grateful. I learned some Russian via Duolingo (don’t remember any now haha), I kept my small children alive, I did not get fired from my job or spend the entire workday hiding under my desk.
So this January, I’d like to try the same thing. Here are the things I am proud I accomplished in 2021:
- I am now 40. I lost some weight and gained it back, but overall I think I’m healthier than I was.
- I wrote two novels (soon-to-be-published), which gave me a place to download all my emotions and escape reality for a bit.
- I read something like 65 books last year and became even more obsessed with podcasts. If you have recommendations, please LMK.
- People say my children are sweet, smart and funny.
- I did not run away from home nor did I hide in my bed, no matter how tempting this idea was at times.
- I got super cute glasses, which have helped my migraines.
- I finished not one, but two whole sweaters! My knitting has definitely improved from my initial confusion over how to purl. I am a huge fan of cable patterns, though I’m still working on my blocking skills.
It’s not all life-altering, but I think aiming for a thousand small victories is not a bad way to go.
Happy New Year!